Where are the pictures from my tour ?
What are rider requirements ? Are Segways OK for people with disabilities or mobility issues? What about pregnant women?
Bucharest Segway Tour Rider Requirements:
- Segway Tours all guests must be age 12 and up.
- All guests including children must weigh at least 100 lbs (46 kg) and be under 250 lbs. (113 kg). )
- For guest safety minimum age and weight requirements are strictly enforced.This includes underage / underweight guests that may have been allowed on tours in other cities. We do check guest weights.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied on the tour by an adult or guardian.
- Be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail.
- Be able to stand on the Segway for a period of 1-2 hours.
- This activity is NOT recommended for some guests age 70 and up. Pregnant guests will not be permitted to participate due to the risk of falling
- Wear the helmet and safety protections that are provided with the tour.
- Review and sign our liability waiver.
- Complete the Segway rider training
- Respect road signs, pedestrians, bikes and cars for a safe enjoyable ride.
- Arrive 15 minutes early to check in and be ready for fun!
- Please no high heels, sandals or flip flops.
No refunds or reschedules for guests that ignore the requirements. The training includes:
- Walking the customer through simulated obstacles including turns and an emergency stop to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Hands-on training with a instructor.
- Education of rider courtesy and rules of the road.
It is important to note that the Segway has not been designed, tested, or approved as a medical device.
I or a member of my group has a disability or medical condition.
How do you evaluate and /or handle a guest with a disability / medical condition ?
It is important to note that the Segway has NOT been designed, tested, or approved as a medical device. Our staff are not professionally trained to recognize or evaluate disabilities. We are not doctors or clinicians. We want everyone to have a safe experience. We have had guests with some physical challenges do well on the Segway. The Segway tour is not a good choice for guests with motor control or learning disabilities. Our tours do require physical exertion and standing for long periods of time. Please carefully review the rider requirements listed above. If you contact us in advance we will try to arrange for a free demo / training the day (or days) before your tour. This is only if we have staff and time available. We use this time to try to best evaluate the riders abilities. During this time a staff member will spend one on one time with the guest and answer questions.
We strongly suggest asking questions in advance concerning any disabilities/ medical issues.
We will most likely not have a lot of extra time during training prior to the tour departure to work with a guest. We operate on schedule so the other paying guests have a full tour experience. On occasion (if we have space) guests that don’t feel comfortable or do not have the skills have stayed in our training area vs. going on the tour. They receive a bit of extra riding time without being out on the road.
At a minimum on arrival please tell the training staff and guides if you or members of your party have a disability, medical condition or travel issue that may impact riding ability.
This includes recent surgeries, back braces, pregnancy (not allowed to go on tour), fainting spells, missing limbs, hip replacements, knee replacements, hearing loss, vision problems, casts, drugs that may impair motor control and much more than we can list here. Jet lag and dehydration from long flights can also be a problem for our international guests.
During our regular guest training prior to the tour departure:
1. We will not let you leave our training facility if we feel you are not a competent / safe rider.
2. We do not offer a refund if we or you decide that it will not be safe for you to proceed.
Are reservations required ? How far in advance do I need to reserve?
Please book as far in advance as possible.
Advanced reservations are required.
We suggest you either book online or call +40 727 25 33 00 . Our Private tours sell out during the busy Summer travel season in Bucharest. We suggest a minimum 1 to 2 day advance booking. We may be able to accommodate a last minute / same day booking depending on tour guide availability.